The Wells Fargo Building was constructed in 1890, as stables and a storage facility for horses and city carts used by Wells Fargo. It subsequently was used for repairs of railroad equipment. Seibert Pavonia Corporation developed it in 1982 as a condominium. There are 31 units in the building.
Information on the history of the building can be found by contacting the Wells Fargo Historical Society in San Francisco, CA (the historical image on the main page was provided by the society).
The Wells Fargo Condominium Association Inc. is the governing body of the residential condominium located at 299 Pavonia Avenue in Jersey City, New Jersey. The Association was formed pursuant to Title 15 of the Revised Statutes of the State of New Jersey and the membership consists exclusively of the unit owners. At each annual meeting of the Association, the owners elect a 5 member Board of Directors for an approximate term of 2 years (depending on the exact date of the next annual meeting). The Board of Directors elected by the owners in 2005 are:
- President - Therese Bechet
- Vice President - Clarke Atwell
- Secretary - John Vande Woude
- Treasurer - James Hartmann
- At Large - Ofelia Garcia
The association has retained a management company to be responsible for the daily management of the building that includes the management of the building staff, the collection of monthly charges, the payment of bills, financial record keeping and other building-related business. The management company should be contacted to obtain any information or requirements for service.
The building's current management company is ACI Asset Management, Inc. located at 66 York Street, Jersey City, NJ 07302. Please see the Contact Section for more information.
All owners and tenants are required to comply with the rules, regulations, policies and guidelines described in The Master Deed and By Laws of the Condominium, The Wells Fargo Condominium Association Handbook and other official documents which may be distributed by the Board of Directors.